COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a national 501(c)3 non-profit committed to raising funds for research to develop new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer — the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. Through the concept of local events and online cookie sales, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has granted over $18 million to date, funding more than 100 research projects that have led to 25 new treatments becoming available for children battling cancer today.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is seeking a hands-on Community Engagement Manager, to join a growing team that shares a common goal of helping kids by raising funds for new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer. The successful applicant for this role will have a unique alignment of skills: highly self-motivated, results-driven, a team player, proficient at relationship management, and excellent experience in fundraising and campaign management. They will report to the Community Engagement Director and work closely with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, playing a critical role in ensuring the organization programs run smoothly.
This is a remote position.
The Community Engagement Manager will serve as lead grassroots event support, but will also engage with corporate partners, medical researchers, and other constituents key to the organization, as needed. Reporting directly to the Community Engagement Director, the Community Engagement Manager will facilitate a variety of fundraising, campaign management and donor stewardship projects for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
As a trusted member of the team, the Community Engagement Manager will be counted on for highly flexible and adaptable management skills across a number of initiatives. Key activities include:
Grassroots Events Execution
- Manage day-to-day grassroots events execution including onboarding grassroots hosts, preparing hosts for their events, coordinating supplies for events, etc.
- Oversee online fundraising pages and grassroots/peer-to-peer tools to ensure appropriate support of year-round grassroots donors and hosts
- Work closely with closely with grassroots hosts to maximize their engagement and fundraising potential
- Collaborate with all internal teams to ensure the Organization’s overall engagement goals are met
Peer-to-Peer Campaign Management
- Execute comprehensive plan to focus peer-to-peer fundraising efforts within the Organization’s key time periods per the Community Engagement Director
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to direct efforts of social media, email marketing, etc. to highlight key campaigns and initiatives
- Manage fundraising platforms and oversee relationships pertaining to fundraising platform account management
- Lead execution of grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising strategy to ensure the Organization’s revenue goals are met
Individual & Tough Cookie Programs
- Respond to all email queries for individual cookie orders and the creation of new Tough Cookies
- Manage Tough Cookie creation process with both the family and the appropriate vendors
- Create a calendar of different cookies fundraising and programming initiatives throughout the year to keep people engaged in collaboration with the Community Engagement Director and the Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Evaluate the quality and impact of the donor relations/stewardship program for grassroots donors
- Collaborate with other departments to create strategies for developing donor relations/stewardship standards
- Proactively support leadership in the design and execution of annual and multi-year stewardship plans for donors and top prospects.
- Develop a process to document and track stewardship.
- Regularly review management tools to ensure regular and timely stewardship.
- Ensure gift acknowledgment processes remain relevant and are fulfilled.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities and qualities:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising activities that lead to fundraising growth
- Strong strategic, analytical, organizational, creative and sales skills - Experience onboarding, evaluating and managing online peer-to-peer fundraising tools and software
- Demonstrated successful experience leading fundraising campaigns resulting in over $1M raised annually
- Experience utilizing donor database management (Salesforce, Blackbaud) and fundraising analytics tools
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in development with demonstrated success supporting grassroots/peer-to-peer fundraising efforts
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable
- Overnight travel is required
- Energetic, self-starter with a commitment to the mission of raising funds for research to develop new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer — the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
Hours & Compensation
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, well-loved organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
This is a full-time remote position. Salary range $60,000 - $70,000.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and a cover letter describing their background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “First Name Last Name - Community Engagement Manager Application”.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.