MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a national 501(c)3 non-profit committed to raising funds for research to develop new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer — the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. Through the concept of local events and online cookie sales, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has granted nearly $17 million to date, funding more than 100 research projects that have led to 25 new treatments becoming available for children battling cancer today.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is seeking a hands-on Marketing & Communication Coordinator, to join a growing team that shares a common goal of helping kids by raising funds for new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer. The successful applicant for this role will have a unique alignment of skills: highly self-motivated, results-driven, a team player, proficient at digital marketing, and excellent written communication skills. They will report to the Director of Community Engagement and work closely with the Executive Director, playing a critical role in ensuring the organization runs smoothly. This is a remote position.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will develop integrated digital marketing strategies to promote the organization and our mission. This role will manage the planning, distribution, and reporting of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer’s external communications with the key purposes of driving awareness, donor acquisition, and nurturing community engagement.
As a trusted member of the team, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be counted on for effective marketing and outreach across a number of initiatives. Key activities include:
- Create and post content that encourages awareness and engagement for all Cookies for Kids’ Cancer social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, and Linkedin) and oversee day-to-day account management.
- Facilitate community engagement through monitoring, responding, and interacting with online audiences.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns and SEO.
- Analyze account engagement and web traffic metrics to accurately measure performance. Translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media strategies.
- Conduct regular market research for new events and campaigns. Keep current on trends, best practices, new/emerging platforms, and algorithm updates.
- Explore the expansion of our social media network, such as implementing Twitter and TikTok.
- Recruit influencers, bloggers and social media partners to promote campaigns, events, and overall engagement. Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships.
- Coordinate copywriting and editing for press releases, marketing materials, and other forms of media outreach.
- Identify, pitch, and establish new press opportunities.
- Develop and distribute weekly blog posts, monthly newsletters, and email blasts to grassroots organizers, cookie customers, and donors as needed.
- Oversee web management, including design, functionality, content, and general maintenance.
- Collaborate on the promotion of grassroots events and fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain a well-organized database of digital assets, press texts and brand communication tools across all categories.
- Lead large-scale communications projects, including annual reports.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities and qualities:
- 3-5 years of experience working in marketing, social media, communications and/or public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Proficiency in content creation tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign, Canva, etc), website management, and mass email systems. Experience with SEO and Google Ads preferred.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills. Ability to write and edit communications materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects. Must be motivated to work independently.
- Energetic, self-starter with a commitment to the mission of raising funds for research to develop new, improved, and less toxic treatments for pediatric cancer — the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
Hours & Compensation
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator, with an expectation of 40/hours a week. This is a remote position, but the ideal candidate will be willing to keep traditional EST working hours.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer offers a generous benefits package, which includes medical, vision and dental, and participation in our 401(k) program. In addition, we have a flexible PTO policy along with holidays and paid parental leave.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and a cover letter (with salary requirements) describing their background as it relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 7th. Submit all information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “First Name Last Name - Marketing & Communications Coordinator Application”.
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.